- News Writer and Researcher - Regular article submissions on the latest film related news and gossip. *URGENT*
- PHP Developer – Someone who is looking to take us on as a portfolio building project and happy to reap the long term benefits.
- Graphic Designer (ad-hoc) - Feature image creation and other design (motion graphics skills desirable).
- SEO Specialist - Someone who is happy to work with our web guys as either a consultant or with more hands on approach.
- Book Reviewers - Book reviews are just as important but do not get the same coverage. Must be books of past, current and future film adaptations. *URGENT
- Game Editor – Computer gamers are wanted to review and preview the latest games to all consoles.
Even though the section above states ‘available positions’, please feel free to contact us if you feel there is a position not mentioned that you swear you are perfect for.
Unfortunately we cannot respond to all applications we receive.
Each contributor on Movie Farm is treated as equal and we value every ounce of input each and everyone provides. Just because your role states you are a film review contributor, it does not restrict you from getting involved elsewhere.
MovieFarm.co.uk has some future goals and ambitions that some have considered bonkers. We can see where they are coming from to a certain degree, but who cares! If you would like to jump onboard with us, we promise that each and every team member of Movie Farm will benefit together when we hit the big time!
We are sorry to say that all roles on Movie Farm are currently unpaid, but we look after each other like a family by helping each other as much as humanly possible. What we can offer upfront is:
- Your contributions actively promoted to thousands of people every day.
- Regular opportunities to review the latest DVD and cinema releases. Some of them you will have never of thought of!
- The chance to watch a variation of Hollywood to Indie films before their official release dates. Free advanced screenings and festival passes nationwide!
- Writing about your favourite old films and film related subjects. That could be reviews, debates… you name it! We are extra flexible.
- Continuing on from the last point… We are very flexible in regard to what you do with your role. As a writer you can write anything as long as you can prove that it’s going to be engaging. We even allow swearing! I know, aren’t we fucking nice. Other roles are also welcome to test and try new things. We value our contributors development you see! In fact, we thrive on it. We are here to help you evolve at at least the same rate as we do!
- One of the most important points is that you will be gaining valuable experience in the film critic industry. We will treat you like an employee would be at a big time company like Empire or any other publication. A few examples would consist of sending you tasks, requiring feedback, expecting contributions at least twice a week and to do your part promoting the site.
- Did we mention learning new skills and showcasing them to the world?
If you have made it to the bottom of this page and feel that contributing your time to MovieFarm.co.uk sounds like a perfect opportunity for you, then please write to us now!
Please fill out the details in the application form below. If applying for a writing role, please attach an example.
NOTE: If you see a role above that you think would be suitable for a friend, please forward it on to them.